- New Polo GTI with turbocharged engine and MQB platform
- 147kW/320Nm, sport suspension and XDS differential lock
- GTI insignia includes legendary red stripe in the radiator grille
- First Polo GTI to feature 2.0 TSI engine
VW has unveiled the new Polo GTI for South Africa.
The hatchback features a 2.0 TSI engine which produces 147kW and 320Nm of torque.
It also packs sport suspension and XDS differential lock.
The new Polo GTI engine launches with a 6-speed dual clutch gearbox (DSG) as standard. The Polo GTI with DSG accelerates to 100 km/h in 6.7 seconds. Today’s most powerful Polo reaches a top speed of 237km/h. Despite its power output, the Polo GTI can be driven very economically thanks to its efficient drive technology. The combined fuel consumption of the DSG version is 5.9 litres/100km.
VW said the “compact sports car” includes a new digital and interactive cockpit – founded on the car’s Active Info Display and the infotainment system.
The new Polo GTI will sell for – VAT and emissions tax included – R375,900.
- 3-year/120,000km warranty.
- 3-year/45,000km Volkswagen Service.
- 12-year anti-corrosion warranty.