The Gauteng Department of Roads and Transport (GPDRT) has called on Gauteng Minibus Taxi Operators to apply for special inter-provincial operating permits for the festive season.
“Commuters are expected to travel to different provinces during the December holiday season. The special permits will cater for trips to be undertaken throughout the festive season until 01 January 2018,” said the GPDRT in a statement.
Applications for the permits will close on Tuesday, 05 December 2017 at 15h00 and must be submitted three days before the departure date.
“The issuing of special permits will improve compliance, reduce illegal trips and prevent the impounding of vehicles by law enforcement agencies. These are challenges encountered by Gauteng taxi operators when conveying passengers on special trips outside the province,” said the department.
The special inter-provincial permits will only be issued to recognised legal operators.
Interested operators should meet the following requirements:
- A certified copy of ID (not older than 3 months);
- Proof of valid Operating License (valid printouts from the OLAS system);
- A valid tax clearance certificate from SARS;
- A valid and certified certificate of registration (not older than 3 months);
- A valid and certified certificate of roadworthy submitted (not older than 3 months);
- A support letter or request signed under oath/original affidavit from the leader of the organization or group requesting special transport services. The letter should detail the origin, destination, number of passengers, purpose of the trip, date of departure and return to Gauteng Province;
- An affidavit from the operator clearly stating that existing services and the special event would not be disrupted or jeopardised;
- Applicant to provide a detailed list of commuters requiring services of special event public transport and the period of an event;
- A prescribed Form 3A that is fully completed;
- The vehicle details are fully completed as required by SECTION E of FORM;
- Particulars of the route to and from the special event are clearly stated in a point to point description;
- The pickup and drop off points of passengers is clearly specified; and
- A regulated fee of R50 by applicant.
Applications can be done at following Transport Operating Licensing Administration Body (TOLABs) between 08h00 and 16h00 on weekdays.
- Ekurhuleni: No1 Hardach Street – Germiston (011) 437 5932
- Johannesburg: No 11 Diagonal Street, Johannesburg – (011) 227 8341/42/99/50
- Tshwane: 345 Eskia Mphahlele Drive, Pretoria West – (012) 327 3738
- West Rand: Cnr 6th & Park Streets, District Municipality Building, Randfontein- (011) 411 5212